Dial *725# on MTN, Airtel, Tigo, Vodafone, Glo to access mSavings
What is an mSavings Account?
The mobile savings account wallet has been designed for all customers with a mobile phone to save and earn interest and enjoy other incentives. The product is available nationwide, and 24/7' and will seek to enhance a savings culture, offer convenience and a reliable and accessible channel for the unbanked, underbanked and eligible customers with a mobile phone. It will be set against the existing mobile money products as a complimentary product. It offers cross-platform access (available on MTN, Airtel, Tigo, Vodafone and Glo networks).
mSavings will be delivered through partner agent networks nationwide.
The Two-in-One Mobile Bank Account!
mSavings offers two accounts which can be managed on your mobile phone.
- mCurrent Account: The mCurrent is a transactional account. This account is used for your day to day transactions. Functions available on the mCurrent Account are:
- Manage Account: Check Balance, Change PIN, Change Webkey, Mini-Statement, Turn Account on/off
- Airtime: Buy/Send airtime on all networks (MTN, Airtel, Tigo, Glo, Expresso, Vodafone)
- Transfers: Transfer between mSavings Accounts, Transfered to a Registered Mobile no, Send Mobile Money (MTN MM, Airtel MM, Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash), Transfer to xWallet.
- Payments: Pay Merchants, Pay Bills, PushMyBill (Request/Approve Demand Notice), Pay xBiller, Pay Ecobank Billers
- Bank Services: Credit mSavings from Bank Account, Credit Bank account from mSavings, Cashout Token.
mSavings Account: The Savings account offers an account that earns 7% interest per annum. The account automatically deducts the minimum savings value (Ghs2 daily, Ghs10 weekly, Ghs40 monthly) depending on the account type chosen, from the mCurrent into the Savings wallet. Alternatively, the account holder may deposit any amount Ghs2 and above into their savings account at an agent location.
What are the Features of Ecobank Mobile Savings Account?
Ecobank Mobile savings wallet account has the following features:-
Savings frequencies are minimum of GHS2 Daily, GHS10 Weekly and GHS40 Monthly
- No Account Opening Fee
- No Ledger fees
- View Account Balance
- View Mini Statement
- Funds Transfer
- Airtime purchase across all networks
- Competitive interest Rates (up to 7% per annum)
What are the benefits of Ecobank Mobile Savings Account?
The Mobile savings account comes with unique benefits; it is the best proposition available. The key benefits include:
- THE MOST CONVENIENT WAY TO SAVE: It allows customers to save money at preferred frequency in their account wallet anytime, anywhere and any amount without physically visiting
a bank branch or an agent location.
UNLIMITED ACESS TO CASH: Customers can check their balance and mini-statement, buy airtime on any GSM network and also transfer money from their Ecobank Mobile Savings Account to a Mobile number/ wallet at any time (24/7) for further withdrawal at any agent location.
OPPORTUNITY TO EARN INTEREST: Customers can deposit any amount of money into their mSavings account wallet and earn appreciable interest on their money
SAFETY: Ecobank Mobile savings provides an avenue for the unbanked to securely keep money in a wallet account as opposed to keeping the money at home at home where it can be lost and not recovered in case of robbery, natural disasters etc.
How does an Ecobank Mobile Savings Account Work?
Once your mobile wallet is registered and activated, the customer will have access to the following functionalities on the menu (*725#, select 3.msavings)
Account Manager: Manage wallet account from the mobile 24/7
Airtime: purchase or send Airtime from all networks
Transfers: Transfer funds to another mSavings customer or generate Token
Payment: Pay Bill
Bank Service: (bank integrated services to be availed at a later stage)
How does the customer open an Ecobank Mobile Savings Account?
- Visit any Authorized incharge/ Ecobank Mobile Savings Agent outlet with your ID and mobile phone.
- Complete the Ecobank Mobile saving form and provide the ID to the Agent. Non-residents can provide their passports and resident or working permit.
- Once the application isprocessed by the Agent, the customer will receive an SMS notification advising him/her of the successful registration after the necessary KYC have been effected.
For Minimum KYC accounts, customers have to provide their name, date of birth, residential address, telephone number and any type of photo ID that can reliably identify the customer, proof of address is not required.
- For Medium KYC accounts, customers have to provide their name, date of birth, residential address, telephone number and acceptable ID; proof of address is not required.
For Enhanced KYC accounts, customers have to fully comply with the Bank of Ghana identification requirements for opening bank accounts, meaning they will in addition to acceptable ID also need to provide at least one of the following:
- Registered Tenancy Agreement, Utility Bill, Income Tax certificate, other Bank Statements, Reference Letter, or Employer’s reference letter.
BANK OF GHANA APPLICABLE TRANSACTION LIMITS (NEW E-MONEY GUIDELINES)
Every Minimum KYC account issued shall be subject to a maximum balance limit of GHS1, 000, an aggregate daily transaction limit of GHS300 and an aggregate monthly transaction limit of GHS3, 000.
- Every Medium KYC account issued shall be subject to a maximum balance limit of GHS20, 000, an aggregate daily transaction limit of Ghc 5,000 and an aggregate monthly transaction limit of GHS5, 000.
Every Enhanced KYC account issued shall be subject to maximum balance limit of GHS20,000.00, an aggregate daily transaction limit of GHS5,000.00 in an aggregate monthly transaction limit of GHS50,000.00
What are the Tariffs for Ecobank Mobile Savings wallet?
Transaction Type Services Transaction Limit Fees
At Agent location Account Registration N/A Free
Cash-in (Deposit) Ghs2 (minimum) Free
Cash-out (withdrawal) Based on KYC Limits 1%
On Customer Mobile Transfer to another mSavings
customer account N/A 0.5%
Airtime Topup Across all networks Ghs50 Free
Payments Ghs2 1.00
Account Management Balance enquiry N/A Free
Mini-statement N/A 0.05